5.5mm/.22", 7.62mm/ .30"
49 Oude Ootmarsumsestraat
7577 PG Oldenzaal
+31 0541 – 533876
Chamber of Commerce number: 06060017
VAT number: NL104116870B01
With the FX Panthera 700, Swedish FX Airguns has focused on long-range match shooting with slugs. That requires tremendous power and precision, and to deliver it, FX has made great strides technically. And the design also takes very specific account of the purpose of use. For example, the FX Panthera 700 has a 375 mm long Acra rail along the entire length of the front end, with M-LOK slots to which optional balance weights can be attached. A barricade block is provided for precise positioning and an optional bag rider can be mounted. More on the design later, but first let’s take a look at the technology of the FX Panthera 700.
This powerhouse is built for optimal airflow, meaning air is released as quickly and efficiently as possible after pulling the trigger. To that end, all components are perfectly matched and below we briefly highlight the most important ones for you:
– the single AMP MKII regulator has its own pressure gauge and is minutely adjustable. This allows the pressure from the 250 bar compressed air reservoir (300 cc and also its own pressure gauge) to be reduced to create exactly the right pressure in the plenum to suit your chosen ammunition.
– the plenum contains the already regulated air ready for the next shot. The plenum comes in different sizes and here, the larger the caliber and the heavier the ammunition, the larger the plenum you need. The plenum comes in Micro (sub 16 Joule), Macro (47 cc), Magnum (95 cc) and Magnum XL (156 cc). The FX Panthera 700 features a Magnum XL plenum placed around the barrel. This means that the connecting barrel sheath when using a different size plenum must also be modified. Of course, these are available separately.
– The Dynamic Block contains an extra large breech that allows you to use up to 13 mm long slugs. A good move, as the FX Panthera 700 is specifically designed to shoot slugs with. A newly developed one-piece High Power/Short Impulse valve provides very large and lightning-fast air flow.
Quick Tune System
– the hammer spring preload can be adjusted with a macro adjustment wheel that has a large number of clearly numbered steps. Fine-tuning is then done with a micro-adjustment, also equipped with a clear scale. Thus, chosen settings are always easy to reset.
– the famous Superior STX running system has an interchangeable Superior STX Heavy liner where the pulls and pitches are pressed in from the outside. This gives the smoothest possible surface inside the barrel and a perfect seal around the projectile. The liner features a carbon fiber sleeve under the barrel sheath.
Everything about the FX Panthera 700 is designed for ultimate precision at long distances, and ergonomics is obviously an important aspect of that. The adjustable match trigger of the FX Panthera 700 is considered highly refined and the trigger blade is height and angle adjustable for perfect ergonomics. The shoulder piece is adjustable in distance and the cheek piece is adjustable in height. The cheekpiece is also reversible, making the FX Panthera 700 suitable for both left-handed and right-handed shooters. The same goes for the short-stroke tension lever, by the way. The FX Panthera 700 comes standard with a zero-angle grip.
On a thoroughbred long-range compressed air rifle like this FX Panthera 700, a 20 MOA Weaver/Picatinny rail for the scope should not be missing. This slightly forward-tilted rail significantly increases the scope’s adjustment range at long distances The front end has M-LOK slots all around and is prepared for mounting optional Weaver/Picatinny accessory rails. You can attach a bipod to it very easily, for example.
Note: The FX Panthera 700 comes in an average state of tune, so it is universally usable. The maximum values given in the specifications are achievable by using the various adjustment options on the air rifle in combination with an optional tungsten hammer.
Viewer not included.